Monday, June 29, 2009

Tattoo by Craig Driscoll (www.craigdriscoll.com)

This weekend while I was in SD for the Euro Car event, I managed to schedule it together with my tattoo appointment since my tattooist lives there. The appointment was scheduled on Sunday, but I decided to drop by the day before to take a look at the drawing....and to my suprise, he didnt even start the drawing! Anyhow, he told me he was extremely busy and to come by the shop before the session so we could work on the concept together. For those that don't know, I have a bio-mechanical half sleeve (forearm). So this session would be to start the completion of my arm, so I would finally have a full sleeve.


Here's the inside of his shop in the Hillcrest area of SD. Five Two Tattoo (because he's literally 5'2 tall. He's a Canadian chap that used to be one of the child actors from the Degrassi Jr. High School tv series.



He has a lot of dope art there from others. Pictured above is a piece from Norm (MSK).



After discussing a few concepts with him, he went to town with the paper and lead.




The Blueprint



The Stencil


Chris asleep while we play the waiting game.



Blood has been drawn...


2.5 hrs of continuous, excrutiating pain, the outlines are done. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment